Currently, the only wallet supported by the Bancor's EOS widget is Scatter — one of the most popular EOS wallets.
If you do not already have a Scatter wallet, go to Scatter's official website https://get-scatter.com and click the blue "Download Scatter" button.
When you arrive at the GetScatter Github after clicking the button, select and download the latest version of Scatter best suited for your computer's operating system:
Once the file is downloaded, open the file, install Scatter on your machine and follow these next steps to generate a new EOS keypair.
How to set up and generate a new EOS keypair (keypair = Public and Private keys) on Scatter:
1. Create a wallet password and click “Create new Scatter”.
2. You will now see your 12-word mnemonic phrase. Copy the words down on a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RECOVER YOUR WALLET.
Once you have saved a copy of your phrase, click the red “Okay” button.
(Please note, the Scatter mnemonic phrase is only used for Scatter password recovery, and not for private key recovery. Later on, we will explain how to export and backup your private key.)
4. You will now be prompted to set up a backup location for you wallet. Click "Choose Automatic Backup Location" and select a folder to back up your details.
5. After selecting a backup you will arrive on the Vault page.
6. If you do not receive a prompt to change your "Identity" — which serves as your wallet's name — click the gray pencil icon and edit the Identity to a name of your choosing. You DO NOT need to enter your full personal details.
7. Create an EOS keypair:
a. Click on “Vault” in the top right corner of the screen.
b. Click “New”.
c. Name your vault entry and click the “Create New” button
d. Scatter will automatically generate a public and private keypair. If your EOS Account public key does not display, click "Show Public Keys".
e. Click on the EOSIO public key. This will copy the key to your clipboard. Now paste it in a secure location and keep the file safe.
f. You can save your private key by clicking on the key icon in the top right corner.
(Keep your private key in secure location. Never give your private key to anyone.)
g. Choose either the "Key" or "QR Code" option.
f. Select the EOSIO Key Format.
g. Enter your password and click the red "Okay" button.
h. Click "Click to copy", and paste your key in a secure location.
Congrats! You have completed the Scatter wallet setup!
Now that you have a public and private keypair, you will need to create your new EOS account.