ETHER token is a representation of ETH and can be traded for ETH at any time. Ether token was distributed to any users that took part in the TGE and converted ETH to ether token in order to take part in the TGE and purchase BNT.
In order to trade your ETHER token, you will need to follow step 2 (out of 2) in the section "From BNT to ETH" in the following article:
Or follow these steps carefully:
- Enter this EtherToken contract address in the “Contact Address” field:
- Nothing is needed in the “Select Existing Contract” field
- Copy the entire ABI text from this link and paste it into “ABI / JSON Interface” field
- Click “Access”
- Under Read / Write Contract — Choose the “balanceOf” option from the drop down menu.
- Enter your own ETH wallet address in the address field
- Click “READ”
- Copy the amount that appears under “uint256” (this is the ETH amount in WEI) and paste it somewhere easy to retrieve, to save for later steps
- In the same “Read / Write Contract” drop down menu, now select the “withdraw” action (instead of “balanceOf”)
- Paste the amount you copied in the previous action into the “_value” field
- Click “WRITE”
At this stage, you will see the following “Warning!” message
- Set the “Amount to Send” field to 0 (zero), anything else will result in a transaction failure
- Use the default “Gas Limit” (if you see no default, use 150000)
- Click “Generate Transaction”
- Click “Yes, I’m sure…” to execute the transaction
You will now see the ETH added to your wallet. Yay!