If receiving "bad instruction" error message on Etherscan when trying to convert tokens it may be because you are sending transactions in the wrong order.
If you are using MetaMask, consider the below solution to ensure transactions are sent in the correct order.
Please follow the process below:
- Open the widget and select the action you would like to perform.
- Click the "Sell"/"Buy" button and then the "Proceed" button.
- MetaMask should now open as a popup screen, where you will need to sign the transaction and process it on the blockchain. Within the popup, if you see the message "2 of 2", you will need to switch to transaction "1 of 2" before you proceed.
- Click the arrow and make sure you are viewing transaction "1 of 2"
- Click "Submit".
- You will now see transaction "2 of 2". Click "Submit" again.
This will ensure the transactions are sent in the correct order.
Check out the additional debug options or contact Bancor support.